SERVPRO of Ajax's Fire Tips for Kids
Fire Tips for Kids
There is no better time to educate your children about fire safety than NOW. SERVPRO of Ajax knows the importance of fire safety and how it starts at a young age. You want your child to be able to have the knowledge, skills and abilities before a disaster situation occurs should it ever.
Keep reading to find out what you should be saying to your kids when you sit down and have that talk with them.
Top 10 Fire Safety Tips for Kids
1. Plan escape routes.
2. Talk about smoke detectors.
3. Practice using escape windows and ladders.
4. Have your kids practice using their hands to guide them around the house opposed to their eyes should they need to close them due to smoke.
5. Teach them a song to remember about fire safety!
6. Practice monthly drills with your family.
7. Touch door handles before entering a room to check the temperature upon entry.
8. Practice being kitchen smart. Most house fires start in the kitchen.
9. Talk about fire alarms and warning signs. Battery changes etc.
10. STOP, DROP & ROLL!
Fire safety doesn't have to be a scary/ dreadful topic with your kids. You can make it fun by including them in practice drills and using toys as examples!
Have SERVPRO of Ajax on standby incase of a disaster. Because we care about our community and your family.
SERVPRO of Ajax
Your Local Disaster Recovery Team